Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Daryl Hall-"Dreamtime" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
davidlg1971
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 September 2021 at 4:40am | IP Logged Quote davidlg1971

Kiefer2 wrote:
So the 7"/Edited version is NOT on this one?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Raised-On-Rock-80s-Rock-
US/release/10134866
Most likely, because per Gem80s above the version on the 'Raised On Rock' comp is the same as Burning Heart 2. I listed Burning Heart 2 simply because it's the one I own, and can verify it contains the 7" edit. (Though the EQ is unnaturally bright.)

On Burning Heart 2, it's listed with a duration of 4:04, and times out a bit over 4:03. As Dan suggested, add 1-2 seconds of silence and Bob's your uncle. But perhaps somebody who has the Raised On Rock CD can confirm.

Back to Top View davidlg1971's Profile Search for other posts by davidlg1971

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 September 2021 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I have Raised On Rock-80's Rock U.S., and it also times out to just a tad under 4:04. I'm 99% sure this is the promo single version, but I haven't A/B'd them.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 October 2021 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

davidlg1971 wrote:
7:55 - Extended Remixed Version
It's on the 2011 Three Hearts Japan mini-LP - RCA SICP-20338; may be a vinyl rip.

I have the Japanese CD - I bought it for this edit - and it sounded like master tape to me. Are you saying it may be a vinyl rip because you heard this and you're questioning whether a tape source was used? I usually notice vinyl rips right away, and if that's the case here, it must have been really well cleaned, because I didn't notice.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

davidlg1971
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 October 2021 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote davidlg1971

EdisonLite wrote:
davidlg1971 wrote:
7:55 - Extended Remixed Version
It's on the 2011 Three Hearts Japan mini-LP - RCA SICP-
20338; may be a vinyl rip.

I have the Japanese CD - I bought it for this edit - and it sounded like master tape to me. Are you saying it may be a vinyl rip because you heard this and
you're questioning whether a tape source was used? I usually notice vinyl rips right away, and if that's the case here, it must have been really well cleaned,
because I didn't notice.
I bought this CD when it came out too - I was *really* hoping it would include the UK single mix of I Wasn't Born Yesterday.

Anyway - I never doubted the sound quality of the audio myself, but there were Amazon reviews where people complained the bonus tracks were vinyl rips, so I
thought to mention it as a possibility. I'm curious to revisit the disc to see, as I haven't heard those masters in awhile.

The one Japanese Mini-LP CD I can personally verify includes vinyl rips as bonus tracks is Mr. Mister's Welcome To The Real World.
Back to Top View davidlg1971's Profile Search for other posts by davidlg1971

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 December 2021 at 5:11am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I just listened to the extended mix of "Dreamtime" on my Japanese Mini-LP CD release, where it's included as a bonus cut. If it's a vinyl transfer they did an amazing job. I listened all the way through and then cranked up the fade. In the last 1 second, with the volume cranked way up, I MAY be hearing something that's vinyl, but I can't really tell, and everything before that last one second sounds like tape to me. Does anyone else have this import CD, and can they tell if vinyl was used for this song?
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 December 2021 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The "Dreamtime" and "Foolish Pride" 12" mixes are tape sources for sure.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 August 2024 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

A "Dreamtime" EP was released as a digital download today from RCA/Sony. The track listing is:

1. Dreamtime - Extended Album Version (5:02)
2. Dreamtime - Extended Remix Version (7:52)
3. Dreamtime - Dub Version (7:46)
4. Let It Out - Extended Album Version (3:49)

Dreamtime EP
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 August 2024 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

FYI:

The digital "Extended Remix Version" is a differently-EQ'd digital clone of the "Dance Mix" from the 2011 Japanese reissue of Three Hearts In The Happy Ending Machine. The fade is about 2 beats shorter than the Japanese CD.

The digital "Extended Album Version" is the 45 version, and is a differently-EQ'd digital clone (with a tiny amount of added compression/limiting) of the only track on the promo CD single (RCA CR-14386). The fade is exactly the same length for both.

Great to see that these versions are now readily available!

music4life75
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 August 2024 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote music4life75

The EP is also available on Spotify! 😀👍
Back to Top View music4life75's Profile Search for other posts by music4life75 Visit music4life75's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version