Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Searchable database Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 December 2005 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I'm signed up! Who else has joined?
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

sriv94
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote sriv94

<<Raises hand.>>

I'm aboard as well!

Back to Top View sriv94's Profile Search for other posts by sriv94

JMD1961
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote JMD1961

Count me in.
Back to Top View JMD1961's Profile Search for other posts by JMD1961

sriv94
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote sriv94

I get the same error message when trying to get in through AOL (although if I go in through IE it works).

Weird.

Back to Top View sriv94's Profile Search for other posts by sriv94

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote Moderator

I'll notify my programmer about this problem.

Devster
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 December 2005 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote Devster

Hi, I do the development for the searchable database. Deleting the cookie will usually show you are still logged in on another machine when you try to log in. The reason being the database thinks you're logged in but the cookie on your machine that tells the database that you are using the machine that is logged in, is missing so it assumes you are logging in simultaneously on another machine. You should always log out prior to trying to logging in on another machine. If you log out and get to the screen that states "You are now logged out" you should then be able to log in from anywhere. When you are logged out is the only time the database isn't needing the cookie for confirmation. If you forget to log out, you are eventually automatically logged out and should be able to log back in after several hours from any machine.

I made an update to handle a possible issue. I'll need more information to further diagnose problems. If anyone continues to have problems, please send me a private message and give me a detailed report on what happened, what operating system you are running (XP, ME, 98 or mac OSX, OS9, etc.), browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape Navigator etc..,)and it's version (4, 5, 6 etc..) I'll get back with you on a one on one basis and we'll get it figured out.

Thanks.
Back to Top View Devster's Profile Search for other posts by Devster

davidclark
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 6:23am | IP Logged Quote davidclark

I have been using the database extensively since paying for it, and have the following observations:

1) If after logging in, I hit the Search button twice (either by mistake or because it is slow and I hit it again...), I get the "multiple logins" message. I have to logout then re-login.

2) Sometimes when I go to sign in (after I click members log in), I get the "page can not be displayed" error. I notice in the address bar the url: "http://www.top40musiconcd.com/songsearch.asp". To log in, the url should be: "http://www.top40musiconcd.com/Log1.asp". If I type this in the address bar, I can log in!

This latter problem is very weird and I can not determine a pattern for it. It is truly "sometimes".

I do log in on different PCs (it's my right and convenience) and do log out. But, if I forget to, I understand the system will log me out after a certain amount of time (which it should).

I've forwarded these comments to Devster. I hope the bugs get worked out soon, now that I am paying for this wonderful service (and it is!).

Oh, and I am Win XP (Home at home and Pro at work...yes, i take a peek at lunch sometimes!) with IE 6.0. Pretty normal.

Edited by davidclark on 15 December 2005 at 6:25am

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 15 December 2005 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

That's strange. I haven't had any trouble logging in yet. Also, I have never logged out; however, I haven't tried to access it outside of my home computer. I use IE6 and Windows XP Home Edition.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

The weirdest thing is that it worked fine when it was free, but once it went to subscription, the problems started.

Though I have heard it's very common for people not to be able to get on various web sites with AOL.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 4:31am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

HOLD IT... Now it's telling ME I'm logged into another computer when I'm not, and it won't let me log in! "A simultaneous log in attemp was noted to you account. Multiple such attemps may lead to suspension of your subscription." I may have been logged in at work earlier tonight (though I don't think I was), but if I was that was hours ago... at least five hours ago. And I absolutely did log off my computer before I left work. And I changed my password so nobody else knows it.

This is getting irritating.

JMD1961
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote JMD1961

Strange. Because I have NEVER had a log-in issue. I've gotten on every time I've tried.

JMD1961
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 December 2005 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote JMD1961

Me and my big mouth. My ISP "burped" while I was logged in, and when I tried to go back, it told me I was already logged in on another computer. So, I guess I'll have to wait until it logs me off to try again.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 December 2005 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Cartman: "Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha ha." (Kidding.)

Mine let me log in again this morning. But there's still obviously something that needs to be fixed.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 December 2005 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

why did you guys take my input from this post.......i entered a number of entries pointing out the limitations of the searchable database and they have been removed..............what gives.........don't want anyone to know there are problems with this site???

it'll be great once you figure out the problems, but don't delete peoples comments just because you don't like them.......

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 December 2005 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

one suggestion...........why don't you set up the site so that after a period of time, say 15 minutes, it logs you out automatically, then you just log back in with no problems...........try that and see what happens.........

Devster
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 December 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote Devster

Changes have been made to the log in pages. Please let me know via private message if you have any problems logging in.
Thanks!
Back to Top View Devster's Profile Search for other posts by Devster

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I just got locked out for the first time, leaving me with the "multiple login attempts" error. I know exactly what I did to cause it. I accidently clicked on "new search" two times in a row (double click) and it locked me out :( Can you fix this issue please?

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03 June 2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Dang it! I've been locked out for most of the evening. Don't know why, because I haven't tried to access the database from any other computer except the one I'm on now. I have the "multiple login attempts" error again. Maybe that's a sign I need to stop searching through the dang thing and do something else productive...

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:48am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

OK, there's the "multiple login attempts" message again... This is annoying. I was logged in and searching just fine, and when I clicked "new search" it gave me the error message. Pat, can you check with your web guy to see if something can be done about this?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version