Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: I Want You, I Need You - Chris Christian Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Fetta
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 October 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote Fetta

I just ordered a copy of a CD titled "Chris Christian The Collection Vol. 1 1976-1981" in order to get a digital copy of his top 40 hit "I Want You I Need You". The database lists only 1 CD appearance of this song which is on "I Want You I Need You" on Home Sweet Home records.

Should the database reflect the CD I purchased? It, too, is on Home Sweet Home records.

Back to Top View Fetta's Profile Search for other posts by Fetta

Fetta
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote Fetta

Just received my copy of Chris Christian "The Collection Vol. 1 1976-1981" (Home Sweet Home HSHCC010) and it does include his top 40 hit "I Want You, I Need You" making only its second appearance on a US CD.

Pat, can you add this to the database?

If anyone needs a copy, please PM me. Thanks.

-Jeff

Edited by Fetta on 31 October 2011 at 10:10am
Back to Top View Fetta's Profile Search for other posts by Fetta

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I have a copy on order and will enter the data as soon as it arrives.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Thanks for the tip on this CD, Fetta - I'll probably be ordering a copy myself. I've owned the song's original parent album on cassette - which was simply self-titled from 1981 on the Boardwalk label - for over 20 years, but don't yet have any of CC's albums on CD. For completists, I feel it's worth noting that the original album also contained one other minor chart hit, a medley of "Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing/You're All I Need to Get By", a duet w/ Amy Holland, which managed to hit #88 in "Billboard" in the summer of '82. (It failed to chart at all in "Cash Box", however.) Luckily, it appears that minor hit is also included on "The Collection, Vol. 1 1976-1981", which would no doubt make it even more appealing to some. Also worth pointing out is the fact that the Home Sweet Home label was started and is still OWNED by CC himself - apparently he owns the masters to all of his solo recordings released over the last 35 years, as well as those of a few other hit-making artists...

Which brings me to another CD that, by coincidence, I just acquired myself and should also be of interest to chart completists: We also have CC and the Home Sweet Home label to thank for re-issuing Dan Peek's 1979 solo album, "All Things are Possible", on CD. (CC produced the album, and also wrote or co-wrote half of the songs on it, which would explain why he owns it.) The title track was a minor chart hit in the fall of '79, climbing to #78 in "Billboard" as well as #95 in "Cash Box", and although that wasn't high enough to qualify for Pat's book/database, you won't find this one on CD anywhere else! Curiously, the CD doesn't have a catalog no. printed anywhere on it, nor is there a UPC (bar) code on the back, but it's legit. Peek was of course a founding member of the band America, who split from the group to go solo in '77 - and whom we regrettably lost just a little over three months ago, on July 24 (age 60)...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 November 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I just received my copy of "The Collection Vol. 1" and much to my surprise the catalog number is HSHC010 which is the same catalog number that appears on the spine of the self titled Chris Christian cd. Furthermore, the Chris Christian cd is listed on CD Universe with a completley different catalog number on the Home Sweet Home label. Anyway, the "The Collection Vol. 1" cd is now listed in the database with a catalog number taken from the UPC.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version