Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: kym sims--too blind too see it Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 January 2005 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

does anyone know if the single version of kym sims' song "too blind to see it" was ever issued on cd..........the single version issued in 1992 on the atco 98667 cassingle runs 3:50 in length.....the cassingle states that the "a" side version is the "hurley's 'no rap' house mix"..........after timing the cassingle version it runs 3:50 in length..........all other so called single versions i've found run 3:30 in length including the atco promo cd single prcd 4273 and the uk cd single eastwest 8667....even though both cd singles state that the first track IS the hurley's no rap house mix, they only run 3:30 in length and NOT the proper cassingle length of 3:50......as far as i can tell the only difference between the two is the cassingle has a longer intro loop than the cd singles versions..........

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:01am | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Is the UK CD single the one with these four tracks?

1. Hurley's No Rap House Mix
2. Hurley's House Mix
3. Original Soul Mix
4. Hurley's House Dub
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

yes it is.....is it eastwest 8667?

Edited by edtop40 on 04 April 2024 at 6:49pm

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

edtop40 wrote:
yes it is.....is is eastwest 8667????

I don't know, I don't own it. But must be the same one.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

thanks to aaron he edited the song to match the commercial cassingle.....thanks aaron

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 April 2024 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

does anyone have a promo cd single for this track that they
could list the times & versions?

Edited by edtop40 on 04 April 2024 at 6:53pm

mjb50
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 April 2024 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote mjb50

PRCD 4273 has these tracks:

1. Too Blind to See It (Hurley's "No Rap" House Mix) [3:30 actual, 3:32 w/silence, 3:30 printed]
  2. Too Blind to See It (Hurley's House Mix) [5:06 actual, 5:08 w/silence, 5:00 printed]
  3. Too Blind to See It (Hurley's Dub Mix) [6:26 actual, 6:29 w/silence, 6:47 printed]
  4. Too Blind to See It (Maurice's Superdub Mix) [6:58 actual, 6:58 w/silence, 7:06 printed]

Back to Top View mjb50's Profile Search for other posts by mjb50 Visit mjb50's Homepage

EternalStatic
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 April 2024 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote EternalStatic

With the discussion around this song (I either never knew or had forgotten over the years that the commercial cassette single in the U.S. used a
longer edit than the lead track of the promo CD single), I went searching and found some Kym Sims digital EPs available on Qobuz, including "Too
Blind to See It".

Unfortunate news: while this release appears to contain a lossless transfer of the correct 3:50 commercial single edit, it is actually an upconvert
of a pretty lossy file. The digital information is cut just right around the 16k area of the spectrogram, so it looks like a 128k mp3 rip to me,
just put into a WAV file format. It doesn't really sound terrible, but to see a professional release handled this way irks me, so wanted to put a
good buyer beware out there before anyone else gets disappointed on this one.

Edited by EternalStatic on 14 April 2024 at 9:59am
Back to Top View EternalStatic's Profile Search for other posts by EternalStatic

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 April 2024 at 4:03am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Was the true cassingle version ever released on CD in any
country?

Can the "'Hurley's House Mix' be edited down to create the
true cassingle version?

Any input out there?

Thanks!

Andy
Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

EternalStatic
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 April 2024 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote EternalStatic

Hey Andy,

It is doable! I just completed it for my library using the 5+ minute house mix from the PRCD, but I don't recommend it if you're in a hurry or haven't had good sleep
because it was way more of a task than I thought I was signing up for. No less than ten little edits including replacing a part in the midsection with part of your
already edited intro. Due to that bit of copy+pasting, my exact edit notes may not make sense for you but in the final file, I have edits at:

0:04.679, 0:12.220, 0:17.232, 0:21.142, 2:06.677, 2:22.748, 2:25.017 (*I think this is where the paste-in from the intro came into play), 2:41.109, 2:41.625 and 3:37.476.

My file has audio ending around the 3:53.4 mark using the fade from the original house mix. I will note that the lossy upconvert file from Qobuz that I referenced upthread
comes to absolute silence about 3 beats earlier than my remade edit. This equates to about one descending organ note a bass kick that announces the next measure. I didn't
feel the need to shave this bit off of the edit as (1) I don't know if the Qobuz file can be trusted to be accurate and (2) the minute difference in length is not
noticeable unless you jack the volume all the way up to 100%.

Also, the questionable Qobuz file runs way, way faster than the versions on the promo CD. So much so that it made my head spin when playing them back to back trying to
decode the edit points. As the Qobuz file is an outlier to all other versions, my assumption is that the speed is incorrect and that the intended speed is more in line
with all other known versions. If anyone has a more definitive read on the speed issue, let me know!

For the record, having absorbed the "cassingle" version now, it does seem more familiar than the 3:30 version to my ears, due to the "no man in the world!!" coming back
around in the middle.

Edited by EternalStatic on 19 April 2024 at 7:46am
Back to Top View EternalStatic's Profile Search for other posts by EternalStatic

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 April 2024 at 4:30am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Ouch!
Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version