Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: OT: WIWS Good Old Oldies Quiz Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
vanmeter
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 August 2024 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote vanmeter

I hope it's okay to post this here; I've been allowed to post about our station before so assume it's okay.

We recently re-launched our mid-century, "good music" station and as part of us trying to get people to download the apps, have been running a name-the-oldies quiz for over a week. Sadly if you visit our FB page where people are supposed to play along you'll see there's zero interest, despite us having a decent number of listeners daily. So I thought I'd post it here in case anybody wants to try/play before I take it down—I'd love to have a winner.

Basically it's one of those name-these-slivers-of-10 songs contests and the winner will get a copy of the 10" Archives of America "Serenade" LP featuring cuts from the Bethlehem catalog.

The only catch is you have to listen to the station to hear the contest, it's playing at least once an hour. All songs are BB Top 40, most are top 10.

iPhone App
Android App
Live365
Direct Audio
Echo: "Alexa, play WIWS Popsounds FROM Live three sixty five." (This may require you enabling live365 skill.)
Back to Top View vanmeter's Profile Search for other posts by vanmeter

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version